Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What do you do to de-stress ?

Stress, human's best friend. *eh, I tought it is supposed to be dog ??, hehehe..*

People have certain ways to de-stress, ranging from the weird ones to the common ones.
There are people who go for speeding with their vehicle when they are stressed up, yet there are people who only need to sleep to relieve their burden.

My ways of de-stressing keep changing time by time.

When I was a child, I didn't really know how to de-stress. Hohoho.... I had been good friend with stress ever since I was a child *argghh.. what a pitty!*
My mom would always know whenever I was stressed up. The appearance of rash on certain places on my skin was noticable when I was stressed up. It's a kind of allergic that I had been suffering since I was a child until I was abt 11 years old. Allergic to stress ??

Then, when I was in junior/senior high school, my way of de-stressing was by doing excercise. I excercised regularly to prevent stress and due to a certain health reason. I jogged, played badminton, basketball at home. My father really concerned with the health matter. He always liked to remind me to do excercise whenever I had nothing to do at home. In fact, until now, when I go back home for holiday.
Oh yeah, that is what a military father likes in suggesting an activity to his children: excercise! hahaha...

Btw, I was introduced to sport quite early. In the age of 5/6, I was brought by my father to a tennis court to be taught to play tennis! At that time, I couldn't even able to hold the racket properly yet! hahaha... And then, I stopped after the first practice. The coach said, "Ok, let's come back when you are bigger".
Yet, later, I never come back to the tennis court, until now. Hahaha...

Back to the de-stressing ways...

When I was still studying in Bandung, in addition to the regular jogging (every sunday morning, 6 rounds of a soccer field), I enjoyed a new way of de-stressing. That was: Shopping! Most of the time when I finished having quizes/exams I straight away headed to a supermarket. I found a new enjoyment in just for a sight seeing in the supermarket, although actually I did not really shop. Gelael Dago was my favorite supermaket to go because it's close to my school, ITB and my kost/hostel(??).

Besides shopping, I also enjoyed learning guitar too, using my housemate's guitar.
My hobby in learning/playing guitar started when I was in my second year in ITB. I never learnt playing guitar before, until one day, in a shiny afternoon, I felt so stressed up that I borrowed the guitar and start learning. My friend taught me the grips of some main chords, and I then kept playing with it. And surprisingly, within the same day, from knowing nothing about playing guitar, I then could play some songs with the help of the song's notations, strumming way though. Then, in less then a week, I could already play some songs by plugging, not strumming anymore. Hmm... see how bad the stress at that time was! Or, should I say it as the side effect of a stress?

During my stay in Singapore, my way of de-stressing is only remained with jogging. I didn't go for shopping and playing guitar anymore. *Coz shopping is costly and I dun have guitar here. hehe...*
I still like jogging. I normally jog at night. Every jogging costs me 6 complete rounds of the soccer field.

I jogged even more frequent during my final year project time. I jogged almost every day around 1 am in the morning. huhuhu.... I couldn't take the stress anymore! How healthy I was! hahaha...
I lost a lot of weights during my FYP time that my roommate could even notice the changes. That was when I still stay in school's hostel. The sports facilities were near. Now that I stayed outside, there is no sport facilities around my home. I still jog sometimes when I am in school.

I realized that excercise is good not only for health, but also for mind. I now feel a bit different when I seldom do jogging. Yeah, I should do more frequent jogging again, now. The stress attack are about to come! Oh, well, I think they are here already !!!
*argghhh....*


5 Comments:

Blogger Eddy Fahmi said...

eh dil, kemaren barusan naek taxi, pak supirnya lagi de-stressing... hihihi :D

eh btw kalo urusan olah raga, fahmi nggak pake nunggu stress, olah raga harus rutin! 2 minggu sekali olah raga F1, diselingi ama olah raga motogp di 2 minggu lainnya. sehat deh ;)

5:01 AM  
Blogger dils said...

fahmi:
weh, bung fahmi nya udah balik dari jalan2.
hahaha... supir taksi nya de-stressing di jalanan yak.
pasti gara2 ketularan penumpangnya.
mi.. mi... entar ndlosor lagi, lho.
wekekeke

5:29 AM  
Blogger dils said...

shinta:
Shin, teknik manjain dirinya boleh juga, tuh.
Tapi tidak yang bagian terakhir!: "membaca spec teknis.."
*tweoweoweoweoweow*

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, nek shaum, piye de-stressinge yo

11:17 PM  
Blogger dils said...

js:
buener mbak !!!
choco emang terlalu bahagia di masa kecilnya. hihihi.. iya kan tin ?
O iya, udah lama nggak nyetel mp3 sambil ikutan nyanyi.. padahal dulu sering banget! Setuju! ini cara de-stressing favorit juga!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home