Friday, August 20, 2004

Being friends...

If I were asked to define 'friend', this would be my answer:
To me, friends are:
persons whom God had introduced to me along my journey of life.
As everything happens for a reason, so does friend.
Friend's existance in our life is not just for no reason, yet it is for certain reasons that we don't (or seldom) realize. Sometimes, we could not choose to befriend or not to befriend somebody. Suddenly, they happened to be our friends. Friendship is part of God's plan in our destiny.

We had good, best or even bad friends. All of them, even the worst one, play important roles in our life.
Obviously, good friends are to help us through out our life journey, yet, what about the bad ones?
Yes, they did also taking part in it.

I recalled my experience not long time ago. I had a friend who was always be around me. I don't know why, we were always in the same group, class, *I didn't choose though..*, or... shortly, here, there and everywhere. Actually, the person was kind and helpful, yet a bit tactless in the way the person spoke and the attitude. I, being the one who was 'fated' to be around the person, often felt uncomfortable. *It's not only my personal comment, anyway... most of my friends also thought so* The person was disliked by the surroundings, because the person's words often put other people down, sometimes humiliating.*Yet, I always tried to be a good friend, by being numb or just don't care about it.

I started to think why God had given me such a friend. There must be reasons! Good reasons definitely...
I, then, come out with 2 possible reasons:
(1). Such friend was brought into my life in that particular time to be the trigger for me in doing my work.
Well, I am inherently last-minuter and procrastinator * hehehe...* Those particular time was really my critical time, having many work loads within limitted time constraint. Yeah, I did not realize that such kind of friend was actually somebody that I 'needed'. I felt so 'angry' everytime that friend gave 'humiliating' comments, yet... unconsiously, I told myself to prove that I was not that bad. I was invoked, and hence had put me back on track - to work seriously, to prove it!
(2). I can't stand separation, especially with friends. *Well, I am quite sensitive with separation thingy :p*
Having 'unpleasant' friend is just so good that lessen my suffering from being separated from him/her. *hehehe...*

Despite the 'advantages' of having bad *or unpleasant* friend, I always prefer to have good ones. And I hope, I can always be other persons' good friend.

Being a good friend means:
- being understanding and forgiving *quotted from someone ;)*
- being like a 'feedback controller' *a term in control field*, which could bring our friend back-on-track
whenever he/she were going out of focus.

- being the second opinion - to provide different point of view in seing problems.
- being an opponent, in a positive way. Does not always agree, but always try to be as objective as possible.

To all my dear friends, thank you for being the part of my life. I can't always be your good friend, but I will always try to play my role in your life as what God has intended me to do.

for somebody:
I had a sense that we are going to be 'so near yet so far'. Let's prove it wrong!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kita berteman kan dil???
ayo ewangi golek utangan poo..

8:13 AM  
Blogger dils said...

wekekke... lha kok ada pesan sponsor ??
Lha kan sudah saya refer kepentinganmu pada seseorang? sudah ditindak lanjuti belom ?

8:26 AM  
Blogger dils said...

Shinta:
hahaha... that's being one of them ;D

9:20 AM  
Blogger dils said...

Faj:
hiks podo-podo, jar...
*terharu biru ijo abang kuning....*
*speachless*

9:37 AM  
Blogger M.A. Sanjaya said...

dilla... aku iki koen anggep kanca gak?

* tampang melas *

lek iyo, mengko jenengmu ta'cantumno ndik kata pengantar buku TA-ku , antara urutan 5-10, gelem gak?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Eddy Fahmi said...

dil, sakjane awak dewe iki wes koncoan ket biyen, tapi kok nggak tau konek yo? jamane sek sekolah bareng, nggak tau kenal, e saiki awakmu wes nang singapur (aku singngecet) baru ketemu nang internet... hahaha gara2 fajar... yo wes lah pokoke lak koncoan yo, pisss ;)

4:04 PM  
Blogger dils said...

masanjaya:
kowe kancaku tah, njak ? mosok yo ? bukannya kita bermusuhan ?
hahahhaha....
*gak lah, njak.. becandaaa... ojo nangis geru2, lho. kite kan prennn... ya, nggak coy ??? hahaha...*

fahmi:
wah, definisiku mengatakan bahwa kamu termasuk teman he. Ya level pertemanan kan beda2 juga, ada yg sekedar kenal, teman deket, teman baik, musuh, dll..
gitu....

kalo dulu pas sma mungkin kita cuman teman sekedar kenal, kalo sekarang teman yg baru kenal, dll. yang penting bukan musuh, deh. hahaha... *ojo sampe yo!*

4:37 PM  
Blogger noe2l said...

Dils... thanks for being friend too... *terharu... yg dulu malam-malam masih ditemenin ngulik kalkulus...*

you've played an important role in my life for sure... =)

3:47 AM  
Blogger dils said...

sama - sama, Nul.. *hiks*
*speachless lagi..*

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pertama kenal karo awakmu
nek gak salah waktu karo nanang ...
nggarap tugas opo biyen ,,, waktu koe jik ning if ...
nek gak salah pindo, waktu iku koe kos ning sekitar dago ... cedhak simpang ...
setelah itu gak ketemu lagi, ...
eh beberapa waktu kemudian
ku tahu dari rekan nanang, km di singapor

heru

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home