Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Hospital - a place to remind us to the unfortunates

For some reasons, hospital is a place that most people are avoiding as much as they can, except for those who work there, such as doctors, nurses, etc, and somebody like me - doing research in hospital. Avoiding hospital could mean avoiding sickness: either being sick or getting sickness from.

I myself, only if I become a patient, would go to hospital. However, in the first place, I, as much as I can, would avoid to be a patient! Oh, who likes to be sick!
Other reason that could make me go to hospital was visiting a friend, and.. that's all!

That was what I adopted in the past. Yet, it had changed after I undertook a research in a hospital 5 months ago. No choice, I have to go to hospital almost everyday.

After sometimes working there, my view on hospital was changing. Being in hospital premises is not as bad as what I thought before. On the other hand, it had revealed me a spiritual view that I didn't see previously. *hey, the "spiritual view" doesn't mean that I can see spirit, huh! :p*.

Instead of viewing a hospital as the place of disease, I now see it as a place of unfortunateness. It's very touching everytime I saw the scenery there - the elderly sitting on their wheelchairs knowing nowhere to go, the cripple dragging themself along the passageway, the weak patients lying on their bed after undergoing operation with infusion tubes attached on them, etc. Oh, what if I were one of them!

This had reminded me, over and over again, to thank God for every single blessing that I had til this moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger noe2l said...

think... sooner or later... you'll get THAT particular SPIRITual view?

hmm...... wish you a good health!

2:05 PM  
Blogger dils said...

No way! *crossing fingers*

2:57 PM  
Blogger Eddy Fahmi said...

dil, posting kamu ini ngingetin aku game jaman dulu, produksi bullfrog, judulnya 'theme hospital' hihihi... :D

1:45 PM  
Blogger dils said...

fahmi: wah, gak ngikutin game, mi. kayaknya game horor, yak ?

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home