Monday, April 12, 2004

Boat Quay - a romantic place in Singapore

If you ask me where's my favourite place in Singapore. I'll say, "It's Boat Quay". I like the place because of its romantic scenery !

It reminds me of the view along the rivers in European countries *as if I've ever been there :p*
I enjoyed visiting Boat Quay especially in the evening. I always enjoy the dim colourful lights of the tent coffee shops along the river, the classic view of Fullerton Hotel, the sights of boats cruising the river, and the cool breeze of the wind blowing my hair. Another view of tall office towers on one side has complemented the classic view of the river side. *Classic vs Modern -> romantic ??* There are benches arround where we can sit and enjoy all these view.

The place will always be my favourite stopping station whenever I go back too late from office. If I predicted that I won't be able to catch Maghrib or any other prayer at home, I'll stop by Boat Quay to pray in Maulana Mohamed Ali mosque. It's very convenient for me as the mosque is quite near to Raffles MRT station. The mosque is situated underground, also by the side of the river.

I could always refresh my mind everytime I visited the place. It doesn't have to be expensive or glamorous place that could give enjoyment, but a place that comforts our feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home